Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Artifact Module 1


The artifact I selected for Module 1 is the Foundations of Professional Practice by Ontario College of Teachers. This document reflects the collective values of the teaching profession and conveys its commitment to fostering student learning and well-being, which I firmly believe in. 

A quote representing what I learned in Module #1 is, "At the heart of a strong and effective teaching profession is a commitment to students and their learning."

A Post That Positively Impacted in Module #1- From Classmate Ally Sanderson

One high-impact instructional practice in mathematics is the use of tools and representations in the classroom. This means using different tools and representations that help student understand math concepts. I think this is most effective because involves applying mathematical concepts and techniques to real-world situations, allowing students to see the relevance of what they are learning and develop problem-solving skills. In my current unit on Spatial Sense, I implemented this by presenting students with a real-world 3D objects that they could see in read life. For example, I asked them what real-world objects do we see that are actually 3D shapes. As a class we talked about this, then they completed a scavenger hunt to find real-life objects that are 3D. I think this was effective because they understood 3D shapes on a deeper level.

This post has positively impacted me because it represents effective teaching strategies promoting understanding, application, and engagement in mathematics.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Module Post #5

Smart Goal Update: Enhancing Student Engagement in Mathematical Problem Solving: One of the last strategies I used to improve student enga...